Welcome back to our recipe corner! Today, we're taking you on a culinary journey to Italy with a favourite classic - Biscotti. But this isn't just any Biscotti. We've given it a special twist, making it friendly for our coeliac friends and adding a touch of indulgence with dark chocolate.
- 300g gluten-free flour
- 200g sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 200g of our 80.3% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually add this to the flour mixture, stirring until a dough forms.
- Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, shape each half into a log about 30 cm long. Transfer the logs to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the logs are slightly golden. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice the logs diagonally into 2 cm thick slices. Arrange the slices cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- And there you have it, delicious, coeliac-friendly, dark chocolate biscotti, ready for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea or hot dark chocolate shot ;)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why use dark chocolate in this biscotti recipe?
Dark chocolate, especially our 80.3% variant, offers a rich flavour that beautifully complements the biscotti. Plus, dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants, can improve heart health, and has less sugar than other types of chocolate.
Can I use other types of chocolate?
While this recipe calls for dark chocolate, you can certainly experiment with other types of chocolate. However, keep in mind that dark chocolate is a healthier option due to its lower sugar content and higher cocoa percentage.
What makes these biscotti coeliac-friendly?
These biscotti are made with gluten-free flour, making them a safe and delicious treat for individuals with coeliac disease or those following a gluten-free diet.
Can I add nuts or dried fruit to this recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize this recipe with your favourite add-ins. Almonds, hazelnuts, dried cherries, or cranberries would all be fantastic additions.
How should I store these biscotti?
Once cooled, store the biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep for up to two weeks.
Enjoy baking these delightful biscotti and savouring each bite! As always, the best recipes are made with a dash of creativity and a whole lot of love. Happy baking!