Welcome to our recipe blog, where today, we are going to create a special and delightful dark hot chocolate that will make your Boxing Day even more memorable.
This warm beverage is perfect for sharing with everyone this winter, as it is designed to be light, countering the heavy foods we consume during the festive season. Learn about the mind-boggling and body benefits of this dark hot chocolate treat and find answers to 5 frequently asked questions about it.
- 25g 80Noir Ultra dark chocolate beads
- 80ml milk of choice (GF)
- 40ml hot water
- 1/4 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the milk over low heat until it starts steaming but not boiling.
2. Whisk in the chocolate beads and hot water until fully combined.
3. Stir in honey or maple syrup, sea salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
4. Once everything is evenly combined, remove from heat and pour into your favourite festive mug.
5. If desired, you can top each mug with whipped coconut cream or sprinkle with additional cocoa powder.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Mind & Body Benefits:
Dark hot chocolate offers numerous benefits to both mind and body as it contains antioxidants known as flavonoids found in dark chocolate. These antioxidants have been linked to better heart health, lower blood pressure, improved blood flow, enhanced mood, and cognitive function.
1. Can I use regular milk instead of oat milk?
- Yes, you can substitute any milk of your choice. If you choose to use Dairy, we recommend Guernsey semi skimmed milk. However, using oat milk is just a lighter alternative and adds a gentle oaty flavour.
2. Can I store leftover hot chocolate and reheat it later?
- Yes, you can store the leftover hot chocolate in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop or in the microwave.
3. What if I don't have dark chocolate on hand?
- You can still make this recipe by substituting with cocoa powder. Add another tablespoon of cocoa powder and adjust the sweetener to taste.
4. What are some variations of this recipe?
- Some delicious variations could include adding a drop or two of vanilla extract, peppermint extract, or even orange zest for an extra festive flair.
With this delectable dark hot chocolate recipe, your Boxing Day and wintry nights will be filled with happiness, warmth, and a deliciously healthy indulgence that everyone will love! Give it a try and let us know how it turned out in the comments below. Happy cooking, and enjoy a cozy winter season with this heartwarming concoction!