The Viral Trend That Stole My Heart (And Tastebuds!)
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not one to hop on the bandwagon of every viral food trend that comes along. But when I stumbled upon the latest craze taking the culinary world by storm - dark chocolate date bark - I just HAD to give it a try. Spoiler alert: I'm officially in love with this heavenly, healthy dessert! Keep reading to discover the mind and body benefits of this scrumptious treat, learn how to whip up a batch yourself, and find answers to 5 frequently asked questions.
- 225g pitted dates, chopped
- 128g mixed nuts (e.g., almonds, pistachios, walnuts)
- 3 tablespoons of peanut or almond nutter
- 300g 80Noir ultra chocolate beads
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water (or using a double boiler), melt the dark chocolate and 1 tsp coconut oil together.
- While the chocolate is melting, de-stone the dates and lay them skin down next to each other and then use the bottom of a mug or jar to push them down so it mushes together
- Chop your chosen nuts and sprinkle them on the dates.
- Mix the remaining oil and peanut/almond together (heat up a little in the microwave to help), then pour over the dates and peanuts. Spread it all across the date mixture
- Heat up the chocolate and once fully melted and is smooth in texture, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of it all and spread it all.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired, for an added touch of savory flavor.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge to harden for at least 2 hours.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate Date Bark
Not only is this sweet treat absolutely irresistible in terms of taste, but it also offers a variety of benefits for your mind and body, including:
1. Antioxidant-rich: Dark chocolate is a great source of antioxidants, which help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
2. Boosts brain function: Studies have shown that moderate dark chocolate consumption may improve cognitive function and memory.
3. Heart-healthy: The flavonoids found in dark chocolate are linked to improved cardiovascular health.
4. Natural energy booster: Dates are rich in natural sugars, providing a quick and healthy energy boost.
5. Fiber-packed: Both dates and nuts are excellent sources of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion.
5 FAQs about Dark Chocolate Date Bark:
1. Q: Can I substitute milk or white chocolate?
A: Yes, but keep in mind that dark chocolate contains more antioxidants and has more significant health benefits.
2. Q: Can I use any nuts or dried fruits in this recipe?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to mix and match your favorite nuts, seeds, or dried fruits as desired.
3. Q: How should I store my date bark?
A: Store your date bark in an airtight container in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
4. Q: How long does the bark last in the fridge?
A: Properly stored dark chocolate date bark can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
5. Q: Is this dessert also vegan-friendly?
A: If you use vegan dark chocolate without any milk content, this recipe is entirely vegan-friendly!
And there you have it - a divine, coeliac friendly - guilt-free treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth while offering numerous health benefits! Dive into the world of dark chocolate date bark today and get ready to have your tastebuds tantalized like never before!