Our pumpkin spiced dark hot chocolate recipe not only captures all the flavours of this cosy season, but it also provides numerous mind and body benefits. Keep reading to discover how this delightful drink can boost your mood, improve your health, and warm your soul.
- 140ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 20-25 beads 80Noir Ultra dark chocolate
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or try our pre made spice mix
- In a saucepan, heat the almond milk and pumpkin puree over low heat.
- Whisk in the dark chocolate beads, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice until fully combined.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy.
Mind & Body Benefits:
Our pumpkin spiced dark hot chocolate offers numerous mind and body benefits:
1. Chocolate: Dark chocolate is a natural mood booster due to its high levels of magnesium and antioxidants.
2. Pumpkin Purée: Rich in vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, fiber, and potassium to support overall health.
3. Pumpkin Pie Spice: Contains warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg that have anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Dark chocolate : Contains flavonoids that improve blood flow, heart health, and brain function.
5. Maple Syrup: A natural sweetener that contains minerals such as manganese and zinc, which can boost your immune system.
1. Can I substitute almond milk or coconut milk instead of dairy milk?
Yes, you can substitute any non-dairy milk of your choice.
2. Can I use regular chocolate instead of dark chocolate chips?
Yes, however, keep in mind that using dark chocolate provides greater health benefits due to its higher levels of antioxidants.
3. Can I use fresh pumpkin purée instead of canned?
Absolutely! Fresh pumpkin purée adds a deeper flavour and more nutrients to the recipe.
4. How long can I store the leftover pumpkin spiced hot chocolate?
You can store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently on the stove before serving.
5. Can I make this recipe vegan-friendly?
Yes – use dairy-free milk