This rich, creamy drink is perfect for cosying up with on cool Autumn evenings. Not only does it taste delicious, but it also offers a number of mind and body benefits. In this blog post, we'll explore how to make this delightful beverage, along with some frequently asked questions.
- 100ml milk (hazelnut)
- 20ml hot water
- 20-25g 80Noir Ultra dark chocolate
- 1 tsp hazelnut spread (optional - I wouldn't but if you want over the top hazelnut, this is for you) - We would use our own recipe if used.
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
1. Place milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until warmed but not boiling.
2. Reduce heat to low and stir in dark chocolate until melted.
3. Add hazelnut spread, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Stir until well combined.
4. Pour into your favourite mug and top
5. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your warm cup of Autumn goodness!
Mind and Body Benefits:
- Dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants that help to protect against free radicals, support brain function, and boost your mood.
- Hazelnuts are rich in healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which provide a range of health benefits and promote a feeling of satiety.
- A warm beverage can help relax the body and calm the mind after a long day.
1. Can I use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate?
While you certainly can use milk chocolate for a sweeter taste, it is important to note that dark chocolate contains more antioxidants and offers greater health benefits.
2. Can I add any other flavours or spices?
Absolutely! You can experiment with adding flavors like orange zest, peppermint extract, or even a shot of espresso to complement the dark chocolate.
3. How do I store leftover hazelnut hot chocolate?
Simply store the cooled drink in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop or in the microwave before enjoying again.
Hazelnut dark hot chocolate is not only delicious but also offers impressive mind and body benefits. So, grab your favourite mug and cozy up with this indulgent Autumn treat! Tastes a lot like liquid nutella too!