Ok, so I am not Vegan but i do like to find vegan recipe and look at get healthier products into desserts etc to make it as tasty and nutritious as possible. I have always been a little sceptical about "vegan" mousse as ones with Aquafaba have never turned out well for me, however i decided to give this one a go with the use of Tofu, and i have to admit i have been pleasantly surprised!
- 125g 80Noir Ultra dark chocolate beads
- 300g silken tofu
- 45g maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or raw cacao powder
- Half teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of any good quality salt, optional
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly (or come to room temperature).
- Add the melted chocolate and rest of the filling ingredients to a food processor. Process the mixture until it forms a very smooth mousse
- Pour the chocolate mousse into your favourite dish. Use a spoon to smooth the surface.