I have always loved Madeleines and usually go for the normal lemon flavour, but this is a little special recipe adding in 80Noir Ultra. They are spongy mini cakes are super soft and moist and whats even better is that is it a super simple recipe to make, bakes within 10 min & Its a perfect little mid day snack or to go with your afternoon cuppa chocolate! Plus you can freeze the rest - for when you need it.
Note: You have to make sure that your oven is super hot prior to baking to get that perfect Madeleine hump
- 120g All Purpose Flour
- 20g cacao powder
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 120g Nut Milk (I used pecan milk but you can use whatever works for you)
- 12g Lemon Juice
- 70g Granulated Sugar
- 35g Melted Butter
- 35g Coconut Oil
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 20g 80Noir Ultra Chocolate beads (chopped up)
- 1/2 Lemon Zest (optional)
- Mix milk and lemon juice in a bowl for 10min.
- Combine and sift your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- When milk has curdled (it might not if it's a plant milk), add sugar & vanilla extract & mix for a minute using a whisk. Then add oil and whisk again
- Add dry ingredients & fold with a spatula and finally add melted butter. Gently Mix until combined. Let the batter rest for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375f (200c) and lightly grease the Madeleine mould either with melted butter or with pan coating spray. Wipe excess grease.
- Fill Madeleine mould only 3/4 high, add chocolate chopped beads and bake for 8-10min. Once baked, flip the Madeleine on a cooking rack. ONLY WHEN COOL.
Tip: For the bigger madeleine tins bake for 13 minutes.
Don't forget once fully cooled, you can freeze in an air tight container for up to a month.