Embrace the cosy spirit of autumn with this indulgent maple pecan dark hot chocolate recipe. The perfect balance of sweet, rich flavours and a warm hug in a mug, this delightful beverage is not only a treat for your taste buds but also boasts various mind-body benefits. In this post, we'll explore the unique flavour combination, uncover its feel-good effects, and answer five frequently asked questions.
- 140ml GF unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- 20-25g 80Noir Ultra dark chocolate beads
- half tsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- crushed pecans for topping
- In a saucepan, heat the almond milk over low heat.
- Whisk in unsweetened dark chocolate beads, maple syrup, and sea salt until well combined.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into mugs and top with crushed pecans before serving.
Maple pecan dark hot chocolate offers numerous mind-body benefits that make it the ideal beverage for chilly autumn evenings:
- Dark Chocolate – Rich in antioxidants, dark chocolate can help neutralize free radicals and protect your body against oxidative stress. Moreover, it stimulates the release of endorphins, improving mood and reducing stress levels.
- Maple Syrup – A natural sweetener known for its vitamins and minerals, maple syrup adds a distinct sweetness to the hot chocolate. It can be a healthier alternative to processed sugar.
- Pecans – Packed with healthy fats and essential nutrients, pecans contribute to brain health and can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Comfort Factor – There's something incredibly comforting about sipping a warm, flavorful drink on a cool autumn day. The mind-body connection within this cozy ritual can help alleviate anxiety and promote relaxation.
Top 5 FAQs:
1. Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Yes! Although this recipe calls for dark chocolate, you can experiment with milk or white chocolate if you prefer a different flavour profile.
2. What non-dairy milk works best in this recipe?
You can use almond milk, cashew milk, or oat milk as great alternatives. Each offers a unique consistency and taste but works well in this recipe. just make sure thy are GF.
3. Can I make this hot chocolate vegan?
Absolutely! Replace the regular milk with a non-dairy option.
4. Is there any alternative for maple syrup?
If you're looking for an alternate sweetener, honey or agave nectar makes a good substitute for maple syrup in this recipe.
5. Can I store leftover hot chocolate?
Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, leftover hot chocolate can last up to 3 days. Reheat on low heat until warm enough to enjoy.