Do you want to know how to make this delicious rustic chocolate loaf? This quick and easy recipe will only take 5 minutes of prep time. Can be enjoyed sweet or savoury with just a small tweak to the recipe or with your choice of toppings.
3 1/2 cups of plain flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of yeast
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 cups water
Generous Handful of 80Noir Ultra Chocolate Beads (I split mine in half)
Just add 2 tbsp of your choice of sugar
You will also need a Dutch oven pot or a large cake tin will work fine.
- First mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, including the chocolate beads
- Create a well in the middle of the dry mixture and add the water
- Whisk up until you have a sludgy dough, if you want to get more involved you could use your hands, beware it is sticky
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm area for 8 hours
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Flour your surface and tip the dough out onto it, fold over 4 times
- Add more sprinkles of flour and fold more if it is still too sticky
- Slit the top and place in your pot.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered and then 15 minutes uncovered.
Try to leave it to cool and rest before you have any, but this bread fresh and warm with a bit of butter is delightful!