Pancake Day is only a couple of weeks away! But, you never need an excuse to eat pancakes. Especially when they are as healthy and delicious as this.
Pancakes are such a versatile, easy to make treat, but by far our favourite variation are chocolate pancakes! (Of course). Want to make some delicious chocolate pancakes, which are good for you? Well, we have you covered. These are tasty, fuelling and great for the whole family. This recipe yields about 6 medium pancakes.
- 200g of wholemeal wheat flour, or blended oats for a GF version
- 2 tbsp of cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp of honey or sugar, or 1.5 tbsp of stevia
- 300mls of milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 50 grams of 80 Noir Ultra drinking beads
- 30 grams of 80 Noir Ultra drinking beads
- A few tablespoons of hot water
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. (Flour, cocoa powder, baking powder.)
- Create a well in the centre of the bowl and crack in both eggs, then slowly combine the mixture with a fork.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. (Milk, honey, vanilla, chocolate beads). And combine well. Add a little more flour or milk if necessary for the right consistency.
- Heat up a pan on a medium heat, with a little butter or coconut oil.
- Once the pan is heated, place a small ladle of mixture in the pan. Cook until bubbles start to form in the batter, then flip!
- Repeat until you have used all of your mixture.
- Now for the sauce!
- Place your chocolate beads in a small bowl or gravy jug, adding hot water tablespoon by tablespoon until you reach your desired consistency. We added only a couple of tablespoons for a lovely thick chocolate sauce.
- Top your pancakes with the sauce, and extras of choice. We recommend nuts, yoghurt, or berries.