I don't always go for cookies but every now and again a good cookie is all the rage and this is perfect! The power of 80Noir Ultra versatility - grab a 1kg bag and there is a whole host of recipes you can make and choose from.
- 115 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 110 g light brown sugar, packed
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130 g plain flour (all-purpose)
- 35 g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 100 g 80Noir Ultra beads
- 85 g blanched hazelnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- Cream butter and sugars. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter, light brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Scrape down the side of the bowl and add the egg and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Dry ingredients go in. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Add flavourings. Mix in ¾ of the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate beads. Set aside the remainder.
- Scoop cookie dough balls and refrigerate. Using a cookie scoop or a heaped tablespoon, scoop the dough into 2cm (inch-wide) balls and place on a baking tray. Press the remaining hazelnuts and chocolate onto the top of the balls. Refrigerate for at least 1-hour minimum, or freeze for 30 minutes. Overnight chilling in the fridge is ideal and baking un-chilled dough will mean the cookies spread too much.
Bake and cool. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line two baking trays with parchment paper. Remove the cookie balls from the fridge or freezer and place them on the baking trays leaving at least 2 inches between balls.
Bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove baking tray(s) from the oven. Whilst the cookies are still hot, using a round cookie cutter or mug, place over the cookie and twist the cookie inside, gently pushing the edges in so that the cookies form a round shape. Sprinkle each cookie with flaked sea salt. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.