Emma Cowper, Triathlete Team GB and Fantastic Mum
I consider myself to be an ordinary person who one day woke up and decided to try competing in a triathlon. Roll on 7 years, I have my Pro License, a toddler and a part time job!
- 2015 was my first year representing Great Britain as an age group triathlete (27 years old) at standard distance triathlon (1500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run).
- In 2016 I was world champion at that distance
- In 2017 I stepped up a distance to half ironman (1900m swim, 90km bike and 21km run) and was awarded my Pro License after two races.
- 2018 I did my first (and only) full ironman. I also went part time at work (3 days a week)
- 2019 - No racing for me as I broke my shoulder and then was pregnant with our little one
- 2020 (4 weeks before the start of the covid pandemic) we had our little girl. This removed all the fears I had of missing out on racing and allowed me to take my time to get back to training and racing
- 2021 I raced again! I also got my pro license back having won and broken the course record at Outlaw X half ironman.
My goal is simple; to be the best triathlete I can be. This is my dream and with the support of individuals and organisations like 80Noir Ultra I feel I can achieve this. I currently work three days a week in a challenging job that I love. I also have a wonderful, supportive husband, family and friends, I couldn’t do it without them.
I have always been a chocoholic but I have transitioned to preferring dark chocolate and now I will never have anything else other than 80UltraNoir. It is so hard to find quality and tasty chocolate which is also made from top quality and organic ingredients. 80NoirUltra ticks all these boxes for me including the sustainable sourcing, packaging and no waste policy. They are a brand I am delighted to be associated with
What got you into triathlon?
Why do you drink hot chocolate or eat dark chocolate?
What is your favourite product?
What's your motto?