I have to admit i never thought i would make these but i was very pleasantly surprised how delicious and tasty they are, they are also even more flavoursome when frozen and thawed out. Definitely one to make in advance, cut into bite portions and freeze so you can bring out for guests.
- 450g Cherries cut in half washed, pitted
- Sprinkle of sugar
- 275g White granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter melted
- 72g Olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 94g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 94g Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1tbsp Cornstarch
- 1tsp Salt
- 80g 80Noir Ultra chocolate beads
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the cherries cut in half over parchment paper. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- Turn the oven to 325°F. Spray an 8X8 pan with baking non-stick spray. Line the bottom and 2 sides with parchment paper. Spray again.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Set aside. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the sugar, eggs, and egg yolk on high for 5 minutes.
- While that is mixing, melt the butter so it slightly cools. Then, add the butter, oil, and vanilla and mix on low.
- Take off the mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the dry ingredients. Be gentle so you don't knock out any air.
- Separate the cherries in half and add half of the cherries to brownie batter. Add the chocolate beads and fold until combined.
- Pour brownie batter into pan and spread until smooth.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. They may need a little longer as it will be gooey.
- The brownies are done baking when the edges are set, but the middle is slightly underdone.
- Top with extra chocolate chips and cherries
- Let it cool in the pan completely.
Enjoy! Can be frozen for up to a month (if you can wait that long)