Chai Spiced Hot Chocolate
2 green cardamom pods, cracked and lightly toasted
1 tsp cinnamon
(or 1 x cinnamon stick, broken in half)
1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
5 whole cloves, crushed or powdered
½ tsp whole black peppercorns
50g 80Noir Ultra chocolate beads
440ml hot water or milk
(dairy or oat recommended)
Alternatively, buy our pre-made spice pots here
1. Toast. Place all spices except ginger in a small saucepan over a medium heat and toast until fragrant (3-4 minutes)
2. Brew. Add half the water or milk and ginger and bring to a simmer (5 minutes)
3. Strain. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into another saucepan.
4. Heat. Add the remaining water or milk and chocolate beads and heat over a gentle heat (10 minutes) Slowly stir the mixture and breathe in the delicious aroma of chai to assist with the experience.
5. Froth. Use a whisk to froth.
6. Enjoy. Find a moment and enjoy.